International Cartoonist Forum
Welcome to Cartoonists United, Global network for cartoonists.
Most topics on the forum are Member Only and only visible when members are logged-in. Membership is FREE, join us to learn, improve and share your funny cartoons.

Leah
NEW! Login via Facebook
Cat Cartoons

Cat Cartoons

cat cartoons

DESIGN YOUR OWN
Create Custom T-Shirts
Funny Gifts

Funny Gifts

Frozen
Disney's Frozen
Like/Tweet/+1
Gallery

What’s NEW Here
Subscribe to forum feed here

Awkward Slant® website

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Awkward Slant® website

Post by JCJohnson on Fri 23 May - 5:49

Hello everyone.  I'm new to this site... and a place to chat with some other cartoonists.  I'm a designer right now, working in retail for a highly known company and creating and designing packaging.  Yeah, designing digitally is what I do, but what I really enjoy the most is creating comic panels.  

Let me know what you think:

www.awkwardslant.com

-Jeff

JCJohnson
Maggot
Maggot

Back to top Go down

Re: Awkward Slant® website

Post by rcleary171 on Fri 23 May - 6:12

Hello Jeff,

Welcome! I like your stuff. May I be so bold as to state that you have been influenced by the great Gary Larson? I enjoy these type of cartoons - single frame with a dry bite. Thanks for sharing your website.

Bob
rcleary171
Hog
Hog

http://boomerpark.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JCJohnson on Fri 23 May - 6:33

Hey Bob - 

Thanks for taking the time to view my site, and for your kind words. Yes, there's a lot of influence from Gary in there.  Who didn't ( and still do ) like The Far Side.  I've attempted an actual 4 panel strip before with main characters, and so on.  And while that was fun, trying to evolve them, and give them personalities, I still felt confined to the humor.  I ventured out of my regular 'routine', if you will, and enjoyed that anything can consist of a joke... and not drawing the same characters all the time. I just received my copyright for my work, so I felt more comfortable to share.

JCJohnson
Maggot
Maggot

Back to top Go down

Post by rcleary171 on Fri 23 May - 13:32

Congrats on the copyright. (You may need to fill me in on how to do that at a later date). I also tried to develop characters but found the exercise frustrating. It seemed that once I had a settled on a concept the creative spark dried up So I will stick with the variety approach for now. I've attached one of my blogs in case you have the time to see some of my work.

rcleary171
Hog
Hog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: